Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Because Janae asked.

Sunday Ben and I made dinner for the family. We made Yellow Curry and Sushi. Here is the yellow Curry recipe we use. Sorry Janae I don't know where to put it on face book.

Yellow Chicken Curry

- 2 to 3 Chicken Breasts Cubed
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- Curry Paste (see below)
- 1 Can Coconut Milk (I think you need 1 ½ to 2 cans. We love the sauce)
- 4 Medium Potatoes
- 2 Red Bell Peppers Cubed
- ½ Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Medium Onion Cubed
- ¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cloves

Curry Paste mix in Bowl

- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Coriander
- 3 Teaspoons Yellow Curry Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 Teaspoons Red Chili Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (If you like it spicy)
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ginger
- 4 Cloves Garlic Pressed

I like to peel Potatoes and rap them in tin foil and cook in oven one hour before I start cooking makes the dish faster. I like to cook in a non stick pan.
Cut chicken in to bite size cubes.
Cut onions into bit size cubes.
Sauté Chicken with onions, Oil, Cinnamon, and Ground cloves while chicken is cooking. Then add curry paste.
Cut potatoes in to bite size cubes also cut Red bell peppers, when chicken is cooked add Potatoes, bell peppers and sugar. Cook Peppers to your liking. ( We Like them a little firm) Add coconut milk till simmering. Serve with Rice

No comments: